Know someone who's experienced the loss of their baby? Show up and do something to support them this holiday season. Read below for tips and please share any with us in the comments:
- HONOR THEIR BABY: It can be as simple as lighting a candle and sending a picture to them or you could make a donation to a charity in memory of their baby.
- MEET-UP FOR COFFEE: "I'd love to meet up with you for coffee this week. Should we meet at your house or go to a local shop?" Or offer to go for a walk if coffee isn't their thing. Keep in mind they may decline your offer, but by sending invitations they know you are thinking of them. When meeting up, let them guide the conversation and just LISTEN.
- SEND CARD OR GIFT: A "thinking of you" card can be so meaningful. Include baby's name and let them know you're keeping all of them close to your heart this season.
- DROP OFF TREATS: Whether it's a brunch basket, a cookie platter, or general groceries, food is always appreciated. Especially this time of year when grieving people typically want to avoid shopping in stores. Let them know you're dropping off something to their door steps and don't expect an invitation in.
- CHECK-IN TEXT: "Been thinking of you and baby - hoping you have some moments of peace this week". "Sending love to you and your family as you remember baby".
- HELP WITH CHORES: Don't ask if they need help - just offer and make the plan so they don't have to. "I'm planning to come over Sunday morning to shovel your walkway. Are you running low on salt?"
What have you done to support your loved ones who are grieving? Share with us in the comments.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This is where we share more resources and YOUR stories - your loss matters, your baby matters, you always matter.