HONOR A CHILD.
CELEBRATE A LIFE.
The Rock & Walk for Babies is The TEARS Foundation's signature remembrance event to support local bereaved families in Massachusetts who have experienced a pregnancy or infant loss. The heart of our Rock & Walk is to let bereaved families know they are not alone. We strive to build awareness about pregnancy and infant loss by bringing the community together to support these families. As we rock in chairs or walk laps together, we honor the children whose names appear on butterflies lining the path and are reminded that we can find hope. We celebrate their lives by coming together as a community and rallying around these families.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register as an individual or create a team with your family members, friends, & co-workers. Join us to walk in memory of a child you wish to honor or in support of families in our community.
- Share your fundraising page with family and friends and ask them to support the cause. Funds raised support the Center for Child Loss in Northborough, MA and the financial and emotional resource programs to help bereaved families in Massachusetts.
- On the event date, join us for a family-friendly, uplifting gathering as we Rock & Walk in honor of the babies we are missing. There is no set distance to walk - you can choose to participate in only the first Lap of Hope. We start with an opening ceremony with reading the names of the babies we are honoring and include the presentation of the Hero of Compassion Award. Many activities such as kids' crafts, memory board, outdoor games, free snacks and more are included with registration. Butterflies decorated with the babies' names line the path to the Reflection Tent with rocking chairs, which provides a serene and meaningful space to think of the baby you are honoring.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 7th Annual Massachusetts Rock & Walk for Babies presented by FullWell and Kimina Counseling on 9/25/22.
We honored 61 babies, had over 430 registered participants, and raised over $48,000 to support bereaved families in Massachusetts who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss.
We hope to see you in late September 2023 for the 8th Annual Massachusetts Rock & Walk!
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors!
Funds raised at the Rock & Walk for Babies event support the emotional and financial resource programs provided to bereaved families in Massachusetts including:
- Necessary operating costs for the Center for Child Loss located in Northborough, MA
- Financial assistance programs for burial, cremation or memorial service costs
- Financial assistance program for purchasing a gravestone marker
- Training for peer companions and support group facilitators
- Providing support groups and peer companion meetings free of charge to bereaved families
- Purchasing grief resource books and materials for Lending Library
- Providing remembrance ceremonies, sibling support events, and family gatherings
- Creation of "Comfort Kits", which are given to families who meet in the Center or shipped on request
- Funding for additional special projects, like the donation of a CuddleCot to a local hospital